Saturday 17 September 2016

Back to the blog, with a bump. Literally

It's been more than a year since I wrote on here - have to stop doing that! But it has been a busy and very exciting year. After the residency in Budapest ended in September, it was to back work at the school, and later teaching Graphics / printmaking at a 6th form college in Luton.

Also earlier this year I managed to get pregnant - a whole other story! I've been using my Instagram account (@elstriggs) to keep a visual diary on all things pregnancy-related. As the bump gets bigger, so does my desire to keep drawing and making more stuff. I feel like I need to cram as much in as possible before he arrives!


In the first stages of pregnancy I felt so sick all the time I found it hard to pick up a pencil. When I started feeling normal again, I realized I hadn't done anything creative for what felt like an age - not good. So this project has given me a focus. Above is an etching of the first drawing I made for it - head over to Instagram if you want to have a nosey.



No comments: